Restores the contour of the face for complete rejuvenation of the face obtaining a natural result and a more youthful appearance.
What is it?
Facial rhytidectomy or facial lifting is the medical term given by face stretching surgery and involves rearranging flaky structures (muscles, fat deposits and skin), obtaining a more relaxed and younger appearance.
According to the needs of each patient we can divide it into:
- Face and eyebrow lifting.
- Middle and lower third face lifting or mini-lifting.
- Neck lift.
What are the indications?
Each patient has different reasons to have a facelift, in general it is done to:
- Reverse signs of aging on the face.
- Decrease sagging and excess skin.
- Improve the position of the cheeks.
- Improve many areas in a single surgery.
- Remodel jaw and neck.
What is the procedure of a facelift?
Surgery has a variable duration, depending on the areas to be treated. It varies between 2 to 5 hours approximately. It is performed under general anesthesia. The deepest structures are tensed, the skin of the face and neck are rehabilitated and selected areas of fat are removed. It can be done as an outpatient procedure or with a night of hospitalization.
What's recovery like?
- You can return to your normal activities after 5 to 10 days.
- Cold compresses, pain relievers, antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and rest are recommended in the first few days.
- Drains are placed in the back of the ears, which are removed within three days.
- The first few days it is necessary to wear a special bandage.
- It is recommended not to exercise or exert yourself for at least one month.
When am I going to see the final result?
Changes are observed immediately after surgery, however, at three weeks inflammation has decreased by 80% and the final results are observed in up to three months.
|2 - 5 hours||General||1 night||5 - 10 days||3 months||Long lasting|